Thursday, March 10, 2011

Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies

The secret in this recipe is a box of vanilla pudding mix. I've come across recipes that call for it, such as in cakes, but never in cookies. Anything with extra vanilla will surely make the recipe even more delicious. 

This recipe is taken from an old blog of mine that I failed to update regularly.  SIGHI like to think that is a great start considering I just started blogging again and this is my third entry for this week.  I'm so proud and so should you.  :)  It's a great recipe and I even modified it to come up with my own version of cookies and cream cookies that are a huge hit.  I'll save that entry for a later date.  Let's hope I keep up with all this blogging.  

Ready?  Set.  BAKE. 

Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
taken from Karly of bunsinmyoven who adapted it from allrecipes.com

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of nuts (I used walnuts)
Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt, and slowly mix that into the butter mixture until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls using a cookie dough scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment